Sunday, March 30, 2014

A Peek at My Week {3-30-14} -- Spring Break Edition!

Yay!!  It's spring break!!  Time to share what I'm going to do with all my "free" time this week.
My family is returning from their band trip to Disney tonight.  I have had the WHOLE week all to myself. Yep, just me and the dogs!  Loved it, but I am looking forward to having someone to talk to at home again.  The dogs just don't cut it when it comes to conversational skills.
As you may remember, I did a major spring cleaning on my daughter's room after she left last week.  
This has gotten me in the mood to keep on cleaning!  (It's a sickness, I am sure...)  Today, I am taking ALL of my winter clothes upstairs to the guest closet and bringing down some spring/summer things.  Hear that Mother Nature???  Winter is OVER!!

I am also meeting some friends for lunch this week, but other than that, I have a whole bunch of nothing planned and that is just OK with me!  I'm going to take the week to recharge so I am ready to return to school in a week refreshed for our final quarter.  We do not have testing to prepare for because in Wisconsin, we take our state test in the fall.  I wish all of you who are preparing for the dreaded tests the best over the next few weeks!

How about you?  Anything exciting (or not exciting) going on this week?



Before I go, I wanted to share a little friendly blogger tip for those of you with newer blogs. You may not know this, but when people leave comments on your blog, there is this annoying "Prove You're Not a Robot" thingy that pops up where your commenter has to enter a series of numbers in order to have their comment post.  This is supposedly to avoid spam.  

If you would like to disable this function to make it easier for people to comment on your blog, please follow these directions.  In my year of blogging, I don't think I've ever gotten any spam (knock on wood) by disabling this annoying function. (Can you tell how much I really dislike this function?)

To disable 2-step verification for commenters:
1.  In the upper right corner of your Blogger page, click on the down arrow next to your name and choose "Account Settings."
2.  At the top near the center of your page, click on "Security".
3.  In the Passwords box, next to "2-Step Verification," click "Disable".
4.  Save your changes.

Wishing you a great week!  Don't forget to come back on Thursday for my new linky party, "Positive Thinking Thursday."  You can read more about it here.

8 comments:

  1. Jennifer - I have an edublog account and there's no way to disable that. It's a pain! I hope you have a very relaxing week. I'm just ending spring break :( Not quite ready to head back to the classroom. I guess I'll be planning my week today.
    Janie
    Are We There Yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip on the comments for my blog - fortunately I did not already have that one on! Enjoy your time off - mine is just ending. :( Good thing I left all my plans out and ready to go because I think my brain is still on vacation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoy your break! Mine isn't until April 21st!

    Susan
    smgibson15.blogspot.com (Adventures in 4th Grade)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter's room looks great! That cleaning/organizing thing happened to me this week too! I create a bunch of messes in each room when I start organizing! LOL! And, I love your plans...nothing is good sometimes! We all need a break from the craziness of life! Have a super week friend!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the settings tip! I changed mine today!

    Have an amazing spring break!!

    Dina
    Friends of Reading- www.friendofreading.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looks like you have had a wonderful Spring Break so far! Mine is just a week away...Yippee!
    It is nice to meet a fellow "Upper Elementary" teacher! Thanks for sharing :)

    Kristin
    One Stop Teacher Shop

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your spring break and cleaning! Isn't it nice to have time to be able to clean!? I think my house would be cleaner if I had more time!! Than you for the tips on how to remove the verification for comments too!!

    Mrs. 3rd Grade 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a GREAT spring break!!! Being a music teacher I'm happy to hear you're a band mom!!! Not only do I teach music, but my mom and brother do too and my brother just got back from taking his band to Hawaii!!! (I'm on break too so I hope it's okay I blogged about last week since I missed your link up party then! )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time for stopping by! I would love it if you would leave me a comment to let me know that you were here. (Please make sure that you are not a "No Reply Blogger" so that I can email you back.)